Saturday, July 4, 2009

Kungfu Songs..........

In my last blog entry on China, I said going to Shaolin was very boring but what come after the Shaolin temple tour was beautiful......If West End produce some of the most mesmerise musical like Phantom of the Opera, than China have their own production that lived up to that standard.....


Zen Music Shaolin Grand Ceremony (it sound nicer if read in Chinese), the musical take place in the Song mountain (www.czslyydd.com). Everything was beautiful a well construction piece of musical, from music to venue to the last details, everything was perfect. The music was by Oscar winner Tan Dun, on this alone it was an attraction. I was mesmerise by the whole thing except for the some people watching it, I nearly wanted to kill the guy behind me who can't seem to stop talking. Just imagine watching such beautiful production listening to the beautiful melody and in the back ground you have some idiot yakking aways. Anyway this is a must see production in my opinion.

The production start off with Shaolin Kungfu performance......The whole setting is like watching one of those chinese movie........

The musical production is divided into 5 segment, because of the sitting position it was difficult to take picture but most of the time I would just put down my camera and enjoy the music....

No comments: