Sunday, August 31, 2008

Expect the unexpected........

The most beautiful part of a holiday is when you get to do something out of the ordinary, out of expectation and out of the unimaginable. I skip blogging for Kaohsiung because of all the place I being to in Taiwan, Kaohsiung seem to be the least exciting of all. I had great fun there but just nothing special to write about. So here I decided to write about Luye in Taitung. After all the walking and traveling by the time we were in Luye it was near the end of our whole trip in Taiwan. With tiredness starting to hit on us, Luye was totally a relaxing heaven.



These is the train station, it feel like one of those in the movie right.


we were a bit worry to had to arrived in Luye late in the night but sitting in the station waiting for our pick up from the home stay, some how we just feel a sense of calmness and peacefulness. NO FEAR AT ALL.



There were more crazy stuff we did. These picture are just the started. The thing we did in Luye was probably something we would never imagine we would ever do. Earlier post in my blog where I posted photo of picture of the three of us together were all mostly taken in Luye.


It is not so much the placed that make me want to talk about Luye but the stuff we did there. We were really lucky as when we arrived in Luye we have a great guide to take us around. Her name was 小鱼(sorry I think that is how you write her name, my Chinese is pre school level). We didn't have to paid for her to take us around, she was working for the home stay we stay in. Here is the website http://www.lc550808.com.tw/house.htm (I not sure if they still provided the service but the place is beautiful to stay in).

The home stay we stay in is just a simple elegant design home with just 2 to 3 bed room. With 小鱼 taking care of us, everything that is simple to our normal everyday life seem to bring a unique experience. She brought us lychee to tried, the breakfast was a simple white porridge and bun but it had a warm feeling while we were eating it. Just before we left she let us tried the art of drinking Chinese tea and cookes the most tasty instant noodle. All this was great hospitality with no extra cost.


From the moment we arrived 小鱼 took just to a small road side stall for simple but delicious bean curd stew with white rice. After dinner we ask if there is any hot spring in Luye and she said we should tried hot spring dip at night. We each book a room with hot spring, it was only RM30. In the room there was a hots spring with small opening door where you can look up into the sky with infinity star and old melody music playing in the back ground. Gosh tell me that is not heaven I don't know what is (sorry too indulge to take picture).


After hot spring 小鱼 took us on ride on this road at night. She said at night this road is known as timeless tunnel. Because there is no street light driving at night it feel like you are traveling on a never ending road. 小鱼 said everyone who come to Luye should tried driving on these road and night and in the morning you can rent a bike. The feeling is amazing.


Another activity to do in Luye is Paragliding. We didn't get to do it because to wind was to great on that day but standing on the edge looking at the beautiful scenery. I can half imagined what it would feel to Para glide from there.


Luye give us memory where the three of us will treasure for the rest of our lifetime. It seem like its fate for me to choose Luye out of all the other place to go in Taiwan. I had no info or expectation when choosing Luye. I was looking at a pamphlet where it was introducing all the farm stay in Taiwan. I choose Luye because it was the cheapest. The result of the choice was amazing. I guess this fit the saying "expect the unexpected". I hope 小鱼 can read this because of her I get to have such beautiful memory of Luye.............

2 comments:

Jason Lioh said...

If you still don't update your blog, I am going to call you A****ie liao!

I have less than 30 days to my Taiwan trip and your information on 名宿 still haven't put habis or email me.

Hmph!

Jason Lioh said...

1 month still no update. Cannot like this lah! You will very soon forget you have a blog and quit blogging.