Tuesday, August 12, 2008

日月潭...................SUN MOON LAKE

WHY..................Sun Moon Lake, apart from the fact that every TOM DICK AND HARRY will have to go to if they decide to travel to Taiwan because it had to be within the top 10 list of tourist must go destination in Taiwan. I however will give you my reason why give this place a go. Even without my words, check out this website http://www.sunmoonlake.gov.tw/welcome.aspx and you see why I had chosen to go the Sun Moon Lake. The thing is there is not much to do in SML but the scenery is breath taking. Hearing the name in Chinese is like going back to ancient time, something like the movie Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. If you are Chinese you know what I am trying to get at. To be able to walk into this fairytale scenery, the place is worth going to anytime. If I described Jiu Feng to be the ancient beauty of Taiwan. Sun Moon Lake would have to be the modern beauty. Some residents of SML said because of the earthquake few year ago a lot had being destroy. So I m sure the place would have being even more beautiful than.


One of the must to do thing is book a boat ride around the lake. that is the most beautiful tranquil feel of calmness in the lake and you be able to feel it when you go on the ride. Most booking can be done through hotel or the home stay. Price are usually cheaper.


It would have being picture perfect if it was a guy and girl in the picture. instead we have two crazy girl here.


The beauty of the photo is the wall. This and the photo just above is taken on a walk up to a temple. If you take the boat ride, this will be one place where they will stop for a visit.


This was our mode of transport, the owner of the home stay provide transport to take us around. These two girl was so excited with riding in the back of a stock pickup van. If you look closely they are sitting on a box. I think even a limo ride cannot give us this much excitement.





All I know how to caption the three picture above is "3 women found their childhood memory or just us trying to act young". Overall it was great fun. Yoke Teng riding on miniature train, Lay Phon on merry go round and me just hanging in air.



I should had written about the hotel stay at the very beginning but the picture didnt turn out good so I leave it till the end. Thought the picture didnt turn out good but the actual place is great. There is really no need to book hotel in advance unless you are going during the very peak season, otherwise there is plenty of home stay around. I actually book in advance but when I reach there I found the hotel was in the middle of no where, so we went looking for another place the next day. We found a home stay (shown in the picture above). The room rate is cheap, although the room is small but design was very cosy, so I highly recommended it to everyone. You can also bargain the price with walk in.

We had our fun in SML but I think the place are made more for lover. It is just so beautifully romantic. There was a joke I had with Yoke Teng. If there was me, her and a guy in a boat, I will push her off the boat because she would just ruined a picture perfect scene.

2 comments:

遇蜓 said...

Cool man! Got update so fast, look forward to more!

Jason Lioh said...

Better update before I start bugging you.

Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update! Update!